Sunday, May 31, 2009

Home Canning...

I keep thinking to myself that I'd like to do some home canning. I've never done it, but I'm pretty sure I've got all of the stuff. I'm going to try to do pie apples and I might even try butter (for food storage purposes). I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who would want to get together and attempt it with me sometime (like on a weeknight). Also, does anyone happen to have any canning equipment for other foods? I've got an apple peeler-slicer gadget that makes apples easy.

2 comments:

  1. My mom does a lot of canning, and she mentioned that the church is now discouraging canning butter. I guess they've discovered that it doesn't last like they thought it would, and goes bad. I'm not sure about all the facts though. Just FYI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the info, I'll have to see if I can look up more info about it.

    ReplyDelete